I have completely changed the focus of my blog. I have not deleted old posts, so there are old unrelated posts. I will be blogging about the food I cook as my husband and I work towards a healthier lifestyle. I will have menus, pictures, recipes and tips on eating healthier. I hope you enjoy!



Saturday, June 5, 2010

Menu and Feedback for 5/31-6/4

So, I didn't post the menu for this past week and that's ok, since it wasn't much to write about.  I only really cooked one night!!  I couldn't believe it, that is crazy for me.  At least that one night was good!
Since Monday was a holiday I didn't cook and I don't even remember what we ate.
Tuesday got so busy I was going to cook, but we ended up doing something quick.
Wednesday was our House Church where we have a potluck-type dinner and we had a salad and sandwich bar since it has been so hot.
Thursday I cooked Coconut Salmon with Rice and Broccoli.  It was really good, so I included the recipe below.
Friday I was going to cook tacos, but got so busy planning out end of the year party for our Middle School ministry that we ate sandwiches instead and are eating the tacos tonight-yeah!!
I have hope that next week will be better as things should not be so busy and our Middle Schoolers will be at camp, so we have no Middle School activities.

Coconut Salmon
4 (4 oz) Salmon Fillets, skin removed
1 T Lime Juice
1/2 Cup Panko
1/4 Cup Flaked Sweetened Coconut
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Place salmon on a non-stick baking pan.  Brush juice on salmon.  In shallow dish, combine panko, coconut, salt and pepper.  Dredge each fillet in the mixture and return to baking pan.  Spread leftover crumbs on top of each fillet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

No comments: