I have completely changed the focus of my blog. I have not deleted old posts, so there are old unrelated posts. I will be blogging about the food I cook as my husband and I work towards a healthier lifestyle. I will have menus, pictures, recipes and tips on eating healthier. I hope you enjoy!



Thursday, March 8, 2007

International Women's Day


Sorry I have so much to say lately. Don't worry the "new" will wear off soon and I won't write so much. I also have so much I've wanted to say that I havn't said I have to get it out and catch up! I hope to not ever do 2 post in a day unless it's important.

Today is International Women's Day and I totally missed it. I guess being out of school (well, out of school at a Women's College) has put me a little "out of touch".

Here is the UN's link for more information about this years International Women's Day and why it's so important. http://www.un.org/events/women/iwd/2007/background.shtml

I would really like to hear what you think about this. It really breaks my heart to hear what some of these women go through. It's a living hell. I'm grateful for those that speak out against it and for the amazing courage of the women for survive through it. I want to do my part. No matter how small or how big.

No comments: