I have completely changed the focus of my blog. I have not deleted old posts, so there are old unrelated posts. I will be blogging about the food I cook as my husband and I work towards a healthier lifestyle. I will have menus, pictures, recipes and tips on eating healthier. I hope you enjoy!



Monday, April 26, 2010

Menu for the Week of 4/26-4/30

Here is our menu for this week and at the bottom is one recipe with my changes and a link to the original.  This is a busy week, so it's a pretty simple week-nothing to fancy.

Monday:  Baked Chicken Breast with Ginger, Cayenne & Mrs. Dash and "Healthified" Crunchy Asian Salad
Tuesday:  Ginger Salmon and Rice and Asian Medley Vegetables
Wednesday:  Southwestern Chicken Layered Salad
Thursday:  Herb Roasted Pork Chops & Vegetables
Friday:  "Healthified" Mexican Pasta Skillet

The recipe of the week is from Friday and is for the "Healthified" Mexican Pasta Skillet which has become a favorite in our house!

"Healthified" Mexican Pasta Skillet
1 lb Ground Lean Turkey
1 jar (16 oz) On the Border Medium Salsa
1 Cup Tomato Sauce
1 1/2 Cups Water
2 Cups Uncooked Whole Wheat Elbow Macaroni
1 Cup Frozen Corn
1/2 Cup Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
Directions:  In a medium skillet, cook turkey over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, ntil thoroughly cooked; drain.  Stir in salsa, tomato sauce and water.  Heat to boiling.  Stir in macaroni and corn.  Reduce heat; simmer 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Cover; let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional Information:
1 Serving (1 1/3 Cups):  Calories 370; Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 650mg; Total Carbohydrate 53g; (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g);  Protein 25g; Percent Daily Value:  Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 8%; Iron 20%
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/healthified-mexican-pasta-skillet/e86a1cb2-a7b3-4cb7-906a-9a2d7a9c218f

No comments: